KickStart Charity Initiative
/ˈkɪkstɑːt/ verb or noun
verb: To start, reinvigorate or reactivate some activity, system or process.
noun: An action or event that serves to start, reinvigorate or reactivate some activity, system or process
Kick Box Streetwear proudly presents KickStart, a non-profit charity initiative aimed at helping and giving back to less fortunate and young individuals in our community by putting sneakers on their feet.
To kick-start the initiative, with your help, we are hoping to donate at least 50 pairs of sneakers to orphanages and homeless shelters around Johannesburg and surrounding areas by 20 December 2019. We need YOU to help us by donating your “Pre-loved” sneakers of any value, size and type, which we will then proceed to donate to various Public Benefit Organisations (PBO’s) in Johannesburg and surrounding arears, particularly orphanages and homeless shelters.
The homeless shelters and orphanage that will benefit from the initiative will be announced on the 31st of October once we have assessed the needs of all the qualifying organisations. Donations will be made only to registered PBO's.
The process is as follows:
- Contact us via DM on Instagram (@kickboxstreetwear), Facebook (KickBox Streetwear), Twitter (@KickBoxStreetW) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know that you would like to be part of the initiative by donating a pair (or more) of your pre-loved sneakers, whereby the collection of the sneakers will also be discussed.
- KickBox Streetwear will collect the shoes at a place of your convenience, preferably at a public location in the interests of safety for all parties involved.
- Kickbox Streetwear will arrange for the cleaning of the sneakers donated, where necessary.
- Shoes will be donated as highlighted above.
- Feedback will be provided to via all the above-mentioned social media channels and our website www.kickboxstreetwear.com
As a token of our appreciation, on Saturday, 14th of December 2019, Kickbox will award a voucher to the value of R1,500 to one lucky donor to purchase any product on the KickBox Streetwear website. Donors, who may choose to remain anonymous, will be listed on our website and will be automatically entered into the lucky draw. Each pair donated will qualify for a single entry into the draw. The list of donors will be updated weekly on our website under the KickStart section.
With your support, we hope to grow the initiative to reach more and more people each year throughout the country and to make a lasting difference in the lives of those that need help the most.
ENTRANTS TO THE KICKSTART DRAW
1. @lilo_m7 (Instagram)
2. Waseem Samodien